Counselor Qualifications & Training:
- Are at least 20 years old; Turkish and non-Turkish citizens.
- Have experience working with children.
- College graduate and undergraduates.
- Extensive training in simulator safety, space education, and education differentiation.
- Pass background checks.
Safety & Security:
- Located in the Aegean Free Zone, a modern industrial zone, guarded by 24/7 security and customs police. Located 10 minutes from the Izmir international airport and 20 minutes from the city center.
- 24 hour security guard is on premises monitoring security cameras and facility. Participants are not allowed to leave the camp area individually or in groups without a counselor.
- Out-of-camp activities in the program are limited and included in the schedule. The personal belongings of the participants are their own responsibility. No valuables should be brought to the camp.
- Simulators are checked daily by a professional technicians.
- Counselors are highly-trained and certified in the proper use of all simulators.
- Campers must be at least of 4 feet tall (120 cm) to ride the simulators.
- Maximum weight for the astronaut training simulators is 210 pounds (95 kg) per person.
- The entire facility is equipped with smoke detectors and sprinkler system.
- For safety in Turkey please click here
- For more information on travel in Turkey please click here
- Licensed nurses are on-site 24/7.
- A medical doctor is available during normal working hours.
- An emergency on-call doctor and ambulance services are available 24 hours a day
- Male and female campers are housed on separate dormitory floors in the Space Camp building.
- Each sleep bay accommodates 24 campers in bunk beds.
- Access to the dormitories are controlled by counselors and monitored by video surveillance.
- Bed sheets, blankets, pillows, pillowcases, and towels are provided
- Each camper will have an assigned locker. Please bring your own lock.
- Each sleep bay is adjacent to bathrooms which have sinks, private shower stalls, and private toilets.
- There are emergency exits on each floor.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided in the Space Camp cafeteria
- Snacks and soft drinks are for sale in vending machines within the facility at the camper's expense.
- We try to accommodate campers with special dietary requirements.
- If the requirement exceeds our capabilities, campers are welcome to bring their own food and/or pay the additional cost of meeting those needs.
- Please do not send food to camp with your child unless it is to accommodate special dietary needs.
- Advance notice is required if your child will be bringing food for this reason. Please complete the "diet restrictions" section of the “health form”.
- Participants will be responsible for meals and drinks before check-in and after graduation.
- We work closely with ESBAS Food Services, which operates according to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 22000 Food Safety, management system regulations.
- We strictly adhere to parent requests for serving special dietary meals to their children. However, please keep in mind some food prepared by ESBAS may possibly contain traces of allergens.
- We always screen special dietary meals before they are served to campers. However, parents and guardians need to be aware that if their child has an unforeseen allergic reaction to their food, Space Camp Turkey and ESBAS do not assume responsibility or liability for any such incident.
Space Camp Turkey is certified by a BSI external audit and as of February 16, 2010 officially part of the integrated management system implemented at ESBAS.
Space Camp Turkey is officially certified in the following three quality management systems:
- ISO 9001 certification for building, sustaining, and continually improving quality management systems.
- ISO 14001 certification for determining the means of implementing an effective Environmental Management System.
- OHSAS 18001 certification for occupational health and safety standards.
ESBAS Food Services, which provides the meals presented to the children attending Space Camp Turkey programs, is certified ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System certification. ISO 22000 aims to maintain safe production and consumption of the foods, improving the production and service processes, thereby making them safe for human health.
EFQM Excellence Award
ESBAS (Aegean Free Zone Development & Operating Co), the parent company of Space Camp Turkey, was awarded the “2017 Turkey Excellence Award” by Quality Foundation (KalDer) during the 26th National Quality Congress award ceremony held on November 21st-22nd, 2017, evaluating the company as a good practice in Turkey.
How to Register & Pay:
Reservations for all programs are made online or through our Reservations Department.
You may pay by credit card or wire transfer. For more information about how to register and pay, please check our “Info Kit”.
Transportation & Health Information:
After you register you will receive a “reservation info kit” containing a health and transportation form. Both forms (health and transportation) must be completed with required signatures and received by our Reservation Department no later than two weeks prior to the camp session start date.
Early Arrival/Late Departure Program:
If the camper’s travel schedule requires arrival any time before camp starts or any time after camp ends, a planned and supervised program is available.
Please contact the reservation department for details.
Summer and holiday sessions fill quickly. If your desired session date(s) is full at the time you register, you can be placed on our waiting list.
We reserve the right to cancel a session date if participation numbers are not adequate.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Cancellation notice must be submitted in writing.
- Refund will be made within 30 days.
- 90% of tuition paid will be refunded if written notice is received no later than 30 days prior to session date.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded if written notice is received no later than 15 days prior to session date.
- No more than two reservation cancellations and rescheduling of session dates are permitted without the applicant forfeiting 30% of the tuition.
- Space Camp Turkey reserves the right to cancel any program or activity if unforeseen circumstances arise.
- No refunds will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days of session date.
- No refunds will be made for transportation fees.
- If a reservation paid by wire transfer is cancelled, the participant will be reimbursed tuition but not the wire transfer fee.
- Our program price is a package price therefore partial attendance is non-refundable.
- Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators. Campers who do not meet the safety criteria and still choose to attend a session will not be entitled to a refund because of these restrictions.
- A “no show” is non-refundable.
- No refund if a student leaves the camp due to rules violation
Visiting the Camper:
- We do not allow visits while camp is in session so that your child may have a true "away-from-home" experience.
- We do encourage parents to attend graduation ceremonies and will make special arrangements for visitation in case of family emergencies.
- Campers cannot receive personal phone calls except in case of emergencies.
- Your child will have the opportunity to call home before bed and in the morning before breakfast.
- All meals are included in the tuition cost after check in and before graduation.
- Vending machines are in our facility if the students would like to buy chips, candy bars, or ice cream.
- Locks and phone cards available for purchase.