Ages : 9-15
Check in: Sunday 1-4 pm
Check out: Friday after 09:00 am
- Prices are subject to change.
- Tuition includes: meals, accommodation, T-shirt, hat, educational program materials.
- 5 Day program costs are only applicable for regularly scheduled dates shown below. Customized program costs vary depending on number of participants, arrival/departure times and program content.
The basic 5-Day Space Camp program teaches team-building techniques and explores space sciences through the following interactive activities:
(*)Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
- Participate in a 1-hour simulated space shuttle mission
- Experience all seven astronaut training simulators (*)
- Design a Mars colony and compete for the top prize
- Build a hot-air balloon
- Construct and launch a one-stage model rocket
- Conduct chemical experiments in our laboratory
- Gaze at Moon`s craters where Apollo modules landed, Jupiter`s stripes, Saturn`s rings, and even double stars in the constellations through a 10-inch telescope in our rooftop observatory
- Learn how to locate the constellations and their stars in our planetarium
- Learn about space suits and try one on.
- Develop problem solving, time management and teamwork skills
- Observe how plants grow without soil (hydroponics) and take home a flora sample of your own
- Learn about the history of space exploration
This activity is the highlight of the program!
- During our simulated space shuttle missions, campers are assigned special positions such as payload specialist on the space shuttle Discovery and flight engineer in mission control.
- Each crew member and mission control specialist is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
- Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.