Ages: 1 child (7-11) and one parent/guardian (18+)
Check in: Friday 5-6 pm
Check out: Sunday after 11:00 am graduation
Parent/Child weekend provides parent and child an overview of space exploration while they experience space simulations. Your child’s self-confidence grows by the hour as you work together to accomplish your goals.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Tuition for two includes meals, accommodations, T-shirts, hat, educational programs and materials
(*)Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
- Parent and child observe celestial objects and watch NASA educational films together.
- Parent and child try four astronaut training simulators(*)
- Parent and child build and launch their model rockets together.
- Parent and child participate in strange science demonstrations.
Campers with different genders (i.e., father-daughter or mother-son) will be accommodated in separate dorms.
This activity is the highlight of the program!
- During our simulated space shuttle mission, campers are assigned special positions such as payload specialist on the Space Shuttle Discovery and flight engineer in mission control.
- Parent and child can participate in the shuttle mission side-by-side as commander and pilot, or perhaps as flight director or director of communications.