SEMESTER SPACE EXPLORERS WITH ROBOTICS
Check in: Sunday 1:00-4:00 pm
Check out: Friday after: 9:00 am Graduation
English : $ 640
Turkish : $ 595
- In cases where one or more child from the same family attends the Semester Space Explorers, Semester Space Explorers With Robotics, Galactic Summer Camp, or Customized programs, the first child to attend will be charged full price and each sibling who participates in any of these programs at any given time will receive a 20% discount.
- The Semester space explorers with robotics program is ONLY offered during the Turkish semester break dates--- not any other time of the year.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Tuition includes: meals, accommodation, T-shirt, hat, and educational program materials.
The Semester Space Explorers with Robotics Program includes performing a simulated Space Shuttle Mission along with building a robot to be used in our Robotics Competition. These activities teach and encourage teamwork, problem-solving skills, and introduce campers to the world of programming and engineering.
Upon completion of the robotics curriculum, campers will be able to:
- Explain the practical application of robotics technology in past, present, and future in humanity’s effort to further our knowledge both here on Earth and in space
- Cooperate with peers to solve difficult problems
- Discuss the roles of engineers and programmers in the robotic design process
(*)Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
- Participate in a one hour simulated Space Station Mission
- Experience astronaut training simulators(*)
- Enjoy the challenge of interactive problem-solving exercises in our “Area 51” Space Camp Turkey’s unique team-building course
- Construct and launch a single-stage model rocket
- Gaze upon the Moon’s craters where Apollo modules landed, Jupiter’s distinct swirling stripes, Saturn’s famous rings, and shimmering constellations through our 10-inch telescope through our rooftop observatory
- Locate and name the constellations and stars in our planetarium
- Discover the various history of NASA’s space suits through the different space programs
- Develop problem solving, time management, and teamwork skills
- Observe and understand how plants can grow without soil (hydroponics) and take home a sample of your own
- Learn about the history of space exploration
- Watch educational and entertaining films in our cinema and understand what it’s like to live and work in space.
Space Station Mission
- During our simulated space station missions, campers are assigned special positions (such as Commander on the Space Shuttle Discovery, Flight Director inside Mission Control, or Flight Engineer in our Space Station)
- Each member of the team is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
- Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.