SPACE CAMP ACTION TOUR
Minimum number of participants: 30
Maximum number of participants: 90
English: $7 / student
Turkish: $7 / student
- Prices are subject to change.
The Space Camp Action Tour is a fun and educational experience. Participants get the chance to observe our astronaut training simulators and understand an overview of:
- Newton’s Third Law of Motion and how it’s used to understand space travel
- Where and how to experience 1/6th gravity and weightlessness
- Why astronauts exercise in space
- Why astronauts require space suits
- How and why we grow plants in space
- The thermal protection systems of the different space programs
- Engaging, scientific, space-related experiments!
Multi-Axis Trainer (MAT): Introduction to the MAT, which simulates the disorientation one would feel in a tumble spin during re-entry into Earth’s atmosphere.
Space Station Mission Tour
A tour of the Space Station Mission in order to learn the basics of the Orbiter, Mission Control, the Space Station, and how all the components work together during a basic launch timeline.
1/6th Micro Gravity Chair
Introduction to the 1/6th Micro Gravity Chair, which simulates the different ways astronauts moved around on the Moon’s surface.
An overview of the background history of space suits through each NASA program, the basics of the current space suits being used today, and the fundamentals of why astronauts wear them.
Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU)
Introduction to the MMU, which simulates how astronauts work in space unattached to the spacecraft.
Learning how and why scientists grow plants without soil in space.
An action-packed scientific demonstration of experiments given by Space Camp Staff, teaching different applications of space science for student observation.