Journey to Mars Activities
- Exploring “new worlds” by designing a Mars Rover with the LittleBits™ Mars Rover Kit
- Looking into the Future Mars Generation with 3D mapping projections and realistic habitat modules
- Experience the astronaut training simulators (*)
- Virtual Reality Adventure with the Hurricane 360 VR Simulator
- The introduction of space suits
- Studying constellations and their positions in the sky with our Planetarium
- Gaze upon the Moon’s craters where Apollo modules landed, Jupiter’s distinct swirling stripes, Saturn’s famous rings, and shimmering constellations through our 10-inch telescope through our rooftop observatory
(*) Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
Journey to Mars Space Station Mission
This activity is the highlight of the program!
- During our simulated space station missions, campers are assigned special positions (such as Commander on the Space Shuttle Discovery, Flight Director inside Mission Control, or Flight Engineer in our Space Station).
- Each member of the team is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
- Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.