|Program Date||Age Range||Price (Per Person)|
- Program available for group reservations only.
- The program price varies according to the duration and activities.
- Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about customized programs.
Our Customized Outer Space Adventure (COSA) is an action-packed program, popular among middle school students. Program length and activities can be customized for school groups during the school year and special holidays. COSA trains youth in space sciences, promotes teamwork through space simulations, and provides a fundamental understanding of space technology.
MOST PREFERRED PROGRAM BY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
The customized programs continue to be an ideal choice for the “Week Without Walls” program because it involves the students in an authentic, outside-the-classroom experience. It is an opportunity for students to build friendships, develop essential skills, travel to locations outside the school, experience different cultures, and participate in activity-based programs.
Space Camp Turkey aims to enrich and expand the cognitive and effective aspects of the school curriculum by providing the campers with diverse educational experiences. The customized programs are considered to be one of the best in fostering academic and personal growth through space sciences and exploration.
The curricular and cultural experiences that students go through at Space Camp Turkey will reinforce self-esteem and provide them a sense of achievement.
The goal of our programs is to create a unique learning environment otherwise not possible in the daily classroom.
CUSTOMIZED OUTER SPACE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
- Observe and understand how plants can grow without soil (hydroponics) and take home a sample of your own.
- Gaze upon the Moon’s craters where Apollo modules landed, Jupiter’s distinct swirling stripes, Saturn’s famous rings, and shimmering constellations through our observatory.
- Observe science experiments illustrating the principles of physics and chemistry and how they apply to space exploration.
- Learn the foundations of rocketry by constructing and launching your own one stage model rocket.
- Experience the thrill of riding our astronaut training simulators, which give campers the feeling of living and working in space. (*)
Select extra features to customize your program the way you want!
- While visiting Space Camp Turkey, check out the sights in and around the beautiful coastal city of Izmir. We can arrange tours of the surrounding areas, where you can climb Kadifekale (Alexander the Great’s castle), shop in Kemeralti and Kizlaragasi, and enjoy lunch in the old bazaar.
- Take a day trip to Ephesus, the world`s largest outdoor museum where the Greeks and Romans once lived. Add to the historical experience by visiting the nearby House of the Virgin Mary and Church of St. John the Apostle.
- Learn how to design and engineer a robot from the ground up
- Immerse yourself in the world of robotics as either engineers or programmers
- Program your robot to complete various tasks during the robotics challenge
- Be the pioneers of sustainable life on Mars by creating 3D models of a Mars Colony and learn coding with Minecraft “Code Builder”
- Use critical thinking to decide how to allocate limited resources to build a colony capable of responding to potential challenges and setbacks
- Have a blast using your imagination and creativity working with circuits and components while using MaKey MaKey for a STEAM project
- Explore your undiscovered talent by creating space-themed computer games
- Construct materials with our 3D Printer
Space Station Mission
This activity is the highlight of the program!This activity is the highlight of the program!
During our simulated space station missions, campers are assigned special positions (such as Commander on the Space Shuttle Discovery, Flight Director inside Mission Control, or Flight Engineer in our Space Station).
Each member of the team is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.
As a pediatric occupational therapist as well as a mom, I’ve been involved in such programs. This was the most amazing one and the one I enjoyed the most. First, the organization of the program, the structure of the work, the ability to combine playful activities with learning captured my attention the most. Beyond the learning part, I noticed a high level of safety and care about the kids. All of our kids felt very secure and highly supported by the team. This is an extra ordinary experience and I highly recommend this program to all children.
JVRUTH YAACOBYChaperones| Israel