The measures taken by Space Camp Turkey concerning the Covid-19 virus were determined by evaluating the circulars published by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health and the Scientific Committee based in Turkey. Space Camp Turkey will start the new period with new measures and procedures to keep its participants, visitors and employees safe and healthy.
These new measures and procedures include the following topics.
1 - General Precautions
- All camp staff was provided with comprehensive training on COVID-19 and preventive measures by our workplace physicians and OHS specialists; working areas are organized with respect to these measures.
- By keeping doors and windows open within the activity areas, natural ventilation is provided regularly for 24 hours.
- Hygienic mats with disinfectant pool are placed at the visitors and staff entrances.
- Before the camp program starts, all participants will be informed about social distance, rules to be followed, hygiene measures and general measures; the alerts will be replayed throughout the program with information screens and visual reminders within the facility.
- Guests will not be accepted to visit the camp participants.
- All cleaning instructions were renewed as part of the measures taken. Frequency of cleaning and disinfection, especially in common areas and at the frequent contact points, has been increased. Disinfection is carried out by the disinfection team once a week, using the Nano-silver technology throughout the building and also using the ULV device for comprehensive fogging.
- Antibacterial liquid soap is used in toilet and shower areas. Hand dryers used in addition to disposable paper towels are excluded.
- Arrangements have been made in the program flow in order to reduce the number of times teams encounter each other.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations are located in the common areas of the facility.
- It is made compulsory to wear a mask for all staff and an extra visor for counselors; “Hygienic Waste” collection areas, which do not require physical contact by hand, have been created for mask and glove waste.
- Seating arrangements were created according to the social distance rule; activity areas are planned out to have 1 person for every 4 square meters.
2 - Measures to be Taken During Program Registration
- Under the Republic of Turkey Presidential Circular (2020/8), a letter of undertaking will be requested from all participant candidates stating that they do not have a chronic disease that is considered to be in the risk group. (A report can be obtained from the “e-nabız” website for the Turkish participants or a physician can be consulted.)
- Chronic diseases in the risk group for chronic COVID-19 disease determined by the Ministry of Health with regard to the Republic of Turkey Presidential Circular (2020/8) are as follows; patients still receiving immunosuppressive therapy, cancer patients receiving metastatic and / or chemotherapy / radiotherapy, solid organ transplantation except cornea transplant, patients with bone marrow / stem cell transplantation, patients with chronic obstructive or destructive pulmonary disease or history of status asthmaticus, insulin-dependent diabetes and complicated (cerebrovascular, coronary, kidney, polyneuropathy) non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus patients, complicated hypertension (cerebrovascular, kidney, congestive heart failure), patients with decompensated heart failure, patients with acute coronary syndrome, chronic liver and kidney failure, and cerebrovascular disease (stroke , bleeding).
- A written undertaking will be requested from the participants, stating that they do not have any diseases in the risk group associated with COVID-19, did not come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, and do not carry symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat and headache, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, body aches.
- The number of participants in the teams created during the program has been reduced, with 12 people in daily programs, and 10 people in accommodated programs.
- No one (parent, participant, chaperone, etc.) will be allowed to enter the facility without a face mask.
- Participants are requested to change their face masks before entering the camp. They are also required to bring sufficient number of face masks that would allow them to switch to a new face mask once every 3 hours during the program.
- Participants will be provided an opportunity to change their face masks after entering the camp and disinfect their hands (or wash them with soap and water) in the areas pointed out to them.
- Non-contact fever measurement will be carried out by the healthcare personnel at the registration stage to be held at the camp. Students whose fever is above 37.8 ° C will not be admitted to the camp.
- Parents and / or chaperones will not be allowed to enter the facility and / or wait for the program to end within the facility.
3 - Measures to be Taken During the Program
- All participants are required to wear face masks. All participants will make 1 face mask change every 3 hours. The used face masks will be collected in the hygienic waste boxes at the facility under the supervision of authorized personnel.
- Temperature of the participants will be taken during the day and participants who have a fever above 37.8 ° C and / or who have respiratory distress and symptoms of cough will be separated from the program as a precaution and reported to the workplace doctor.
- Participants will be reminded to wash their hands frequently and not to share their food, drink and personal belongings.Space Camp Turkey has taken all necessary measures in its cafeteria in accordance with the rules of social distance. In the seating arrangement, the distance between the tables is at least 1.5 meters, between the opposite chairs is 1 meter, and between the chairs side by side is 60 cm.
(For Accommodated Programs)
- The maximum number of students staying in a single dormitory has been reduced to 12 people.
- Guest teachers are not allowed to share a room together.
- Maintenance, cleaning and filter changes of the central heating-cooling systems operated to provide fresh air circulation are made in accordance with the procedure.
|#||Program Name||Check In||Check Out|
|1||Galactic Summer Camp||Sunday 1-4 pm||Saturday after 10:30 am graduation|
|2||Semester Space Explorers with Robotics||Sunday 1-4 pm||Friday after 9:00 am graduation|
|3||Semester Space Explorers Program||Sunday 1-4 pm||Friday after 9:00 am graduation|
|4||Family Space Camp||Friday 5-6 pm||Sunday after 11:00 am graduation|
|5||Outer Space Adventure||Friday 3-4 pm||Sunday after 9:00 am graduation|
|6||Jorney to Mars||Friday 12pm||Sunday after 11:00 am graduation|
Please note that we offer customized programs. Check in and check out times will differ from those above.
Early Bird Discounts
Semester Space Explorers / Semester Space Explorers with Robotics
10% Discount for participants who register and pay full by December 16, 2019. Applicants must reside in Turkey.
Galactic Summer Camp
10% Discount for participants who register and pay full by June 1, 2020. Applicants must reside in Turkey.
- In cases where one or more child from the same family attends the Semester Space Explorers, Semester Space Explorers With Robotics, or Galactic Summer Camp program, the first child to attend will be charged full price and each sibling who participates in the same program during the same period will receive a 10% discount. In order to receive the discount, both family members (brother/sisters) need to fax or e-mail copies of their identity cards to the Reservations Department.
- For group reservations of at least 10 participants for accommodation programs outside the Family Space Camp Program, one chaperone is free of charge for every 10 participants.
Payment by Installments
Those who reside in Turkey and have a credit card belonging to İş Bank, VakıfBank or the interbank Bonus card platform can register to the accommodated programs by paying in 6 installments without any maturity. (In case of individual payment, installments are also available for group reservations.)
For information on how to pay by installments in case of payment by mail order method
Phone: +90 232 252 35 00 (Ext: 301/302)
- Discounts cannot be combined.
- Discounts cannot be applied to extra fees regarding accommodation, food, and transportation, etc.
No. Applicants may only take advantage of one discount.
All of our programs are offered in English and Turkish primarily for ages 9-15.
Galactic Summer Camp is similar to the school year programs, but includes more social time such as pool activities, special events night, and BBQ party in our recreational park.
Yes, please let us know when you register. Requests must be mutual, so please make sure the friend requests your child as well. We do our best to honor all requests but they are not guaranteed.
No. The only requirements are language proficiency and the desire to learn and have fun.
Our education staff (Turkish and International) consists of college graduates and undergraduates. Some are majoring in astronomy and physics, while others are pursuing masters and doctorate degrees in various educational programs. We ensure that all staff can work well with children before a staff position is given to them.
If you attend our Family Space Camp program and are of the same gender you will be housed in the same dormitory. If you and your child are different genders (male-female) then you and your child will be staying in separate dormitories.
Yes, there is always a counselor in charge on duty as well as a supervisor incase any problems arise.
Yes, if your child has any dietary restrictions please make sure to mention it on the ‘health form’ so we may notify our kitchen staff. We do our best to accommodate trainees with special dietary requirements. If the requirement exceeds our capabilities, trainees are welcome to bring their own food and/or pay the additional cost of meeting those needs.
There is a nurse on duty at all times and an eight-bed infirmary in the camp. The nurse will administer all medicine as prescribed on the package.
On the weekdays between 8.00am-6.00pm, health problems are treated by our camp doctor. Outside normal working hours, there is a camp doctor who can come to the camp if the nurse and/or camp doctor deems it necessary.
Children, in cases deemed necessary by the camp doctor, can be transferred urgently to a hospital that is contracted with Space Camp Turkey and located very close to the camp. There is a 112 emergency ambulance station located near the camp.
The amount of money to bring is up to you. All the meals during the camp session are included in the tuition cost. We have a vending machine that only works with coins (Turkish Liras) for the students that wish to buy chips, candy bars or ice cream. (Please bring your own coins for the vending machine as you can't exchange paper money within the facility.)
You may call +90 232 252 3500. Our security guard will answer and notify the supervisor on duty to connect you with your child.
No. After your child completes the check-in process, he/she will become a member of a team and is expected to participate in every activity throughout the program. We want your child to get a true “away from home” experience, therefore we discourage your child from leaving our facility unless it is a family emergency.
Participants can only make calls from their own mobile phones (or pay phones on campus) during the time intervals defined as "Prep for day" and "Back to bays" on the schedule. Mobile phones, tablets, cameras, etc. are not covered by the insurance and are completely the responsibility of the participants. If lost or stolen, Space Camp Turkey and the Aegean Free Zone Development & Operation Co. cannot be held accountable in any way.
Participants will wear the clothes they bring with them. It is recommended to bring the following when coming to the camp.
- Combination or key padlock (Can also be obtained at camp for an extra fee)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Body soap, deodorant, shampoo, hair brush / comb, hair dryer
- Sleepwear, underwear, casual clothes
- Socks, sneakers, slippers
- Outdoor clothing suited to weather (jacket, sweatshirts)
- Sunscreen, swimsuit, swimming cap (summer programs only)
- Phone card (can also be obtained at camp for an extra fee)
- Coins for vending machines (sodas, cookies, etc.)
- You may bring a mobile phone with you to use at appropriate times. The mobile phones and cameras that you may bring to Space Camp with you are not covered by our insurance in case of loss or theft.
Note: We ask that your children do not bring portable music players, laptop computers, tablets and valuables to the camp.
Bed sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase and bath towels are provided by Space Camp Turkey.
Space Camp Turkey is located within the Aegean Free Zone *. Customs inspections are carried out by officers at the entrance and exit of the region. Senior camp staff and a specialized security staff are on-site or on call 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week when camp is in session to ensure the safety of all campers. At no time are campers allowed off site individually or as a group without an accompanying adult. Off-site trips are limited to those included in the program curriculum. Security of personal items is the camper's responsibility. Campers will be assigned a locker to store items of value; however, we suggest that campers do not bring items of high value to camp.
All applicants who have a good understanding of the written and verbal Turkish language may attend this program.